Monday, March 28, 2011

don't you call anybody else baby

Springtime. Remember the Leatherface song?

There's a little bit of springtime in the back of my mind
Remembers when there was a time when we danced
And we laughed spent some time drinking wine
And somewhere in there there's a little child without a thought
Without a doubt that every cloud is silver lined
He is warm and everything is new and everything is clean

And everything is free and there were still so many things to see

So many things so many things left to be very small drop in the
Middle of the big sea of high and mighty things
Your fascination for larger than life your brand new appetite
As though we'd invented it and we danced

There's a little bit of springtime in the back of my mind
Remembers things perhaps as they should have been
Rather than the lies rather that the cruelty
That sometimes we were guilty of as everybody knows
We were only young and really couldn't have known
We were very young and though it's nice to know there's a place to go
There's still so many things left to see

Little drop in the middle of the big sea of high and mighty things
Your fascination for larger than life your brand new appetite
And there's springtime in my mind and I'd rather be alive
As though we'd invented it and we danced

It could have been the longest time and I'll remember it
You don't know what's in store when we laugh

Just like this? YESSSSSSS JUST LIKE THAT.

When Frankie Stubbs had that solo show here years ago, I kept screaming out that he he sing this song. I think he told me to shut up and maybe just the beginning of it was played. He later came up to me afterwards and gave me a giant kiss on the cheek. Weird redemption, I suppose.

Here's to springtime. Here'ssome financial stability, super fun friend times debauchery, nice calm times with my boy in our little home and endless travel.



Wish I saw these guys on Saturday..

No comments:

Post a Comment