Tuesday, July 5, 2011

tried, tested, and true

"Dearest Aaron,

I couldn't decide what I was going to say in this letter. I've been thinking about it for a few days. At first I was going to tell you how everything was shit, how my magazine was largely ignored, how I despised everyone, how fucking broke I was. The next day I felt better and I was going to write about how inspired I was, and tell you about my plans. Today I'm in my room listening to the Dicks.

Things are changing around here. Things changed more than I could have ever imagined. And they changed at the worst possible time, when I wasn't looking. After I finished the magazine, I think I forgot what I was supposed to be doing.

I didn't walk on the railroad tracks.

I didn't drink enough coffee.

I worked. I slept. I didn't play my drumset.

I didn't write. Not even one word.

Today I feel better. A few days ago I got a tattoo.."

No comments:

Post a Comment