Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Because life is stupid.



"1. LESSONS

When I was thirteen, I learned about guilt. Jesse had to teach me. I had no natural instict for it all. Even learning was difficult, but Jesse was such a guilt-ridden kid and he walked me through it step by step.

When I was twenty-three, Ashley taught me about anxiety. You could say she walked me through it step by step also, although just like guilt with Jesse, I was the one who had asked.

About a year later, I started sighing. It was in a Texas squat that my first sigh came. Like a ship leaving harbor, as I have said before, heavy with sadness and yet thoroughly satisfying.

Sigh. My best friend left and then my girl-friend left, but the anxiety and guilt stayed. Why? Because life is stupid."

- Aaron Cometbus

No comments:

Post a Comment